1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writers want a rematch, Coaches do not.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jimmy Olson, Nov 19, 2006.

1. aspiring

aspiring Member

Then lets crown Ohio State the National Champions right now! Every one else had their chance. As for Boise State, Let's face it, I don't want to see a 77-0 blow out in the Title game, and I'd be willing to bet that no one else would either--including Boise State.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're just bitter because the Browns gacked one away against the Steelers today...like they always do :)

Actually, I buy the argument for USC or the SEC champion going ahead of Michigan. But if it comes down to Michigan and Notre Dame, the head-to-head should decide it.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Michigan's non-conference with the exception of ND are shit. Vandy, Ball State and Central Michigan. Pathetic. If SC wins out, SC goes.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If the purpose of the bowl game is to determine the best team in the country you've got to put someone other than Michigan against Ohio State. Michigan may be the second best team in the country but we've already proven Ohio State is better. Sorry, Wolverines. You had your shot.

My vote would go to Boise State... and I'm pretty confident they'd get their asses kicked, but until the NCAA puts in a playoff an undefeated season should have some kind of reward.

Given that Boise State probably has no shot, I expect USC to play Ohio State, and SC will get their asses kicked, too.

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

haha... ya think?!?!?! Argh!

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

That's like saying if two teams meet up in the regular season because that's how the schedule was made, they can't play against each other again in any bowl game?

7. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Will do. From now on, when the top two teams in the BCS meet during the regular season, the winner shall be crowned champion and the BCS title game will be dissolved.

Man Law.

8. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

While that's rare, Red, no one cares if Maryland and WVU see each other in the Gator Bowl after meeting in the regular season. As long as conferences have locked in deals with the bowls for lower level teams that's going to happen occasionally. In this case, the issue is that Michigan has had a recent shot at Ohio State and failed to beat them. Should other teams which have not had that chance with similar (or, if you look at games actually won instead of "good losses", better) credentials be denied a shot at the Buckeyes just because they and Michigan already played a good game?

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Denny Green agrees with this post.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

True dat.

True dat II

Not true (IMHO, having seen a lot of SC games). SC might lose. But it is getting better and better every week and was already pretty good to begin with.

11. healingman

healingman Guest

Screw the BCS. Just call Vince McMahon, tell him to set up a "Hell In A Cell" Match for the lathered-up college 1 vs. 2 battle and .... ahhh, forget that idea. After all, the BCS knows what it's doing. Yeah ... uh-huh.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

pretty much

Draft saved Draft deleted