1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writers for Olympic Sports

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by kingchros, Jul 23, 2009.

1. kingchros

kingchros New Member

I am looking to build up my freelancer database for Red Line Editorial, a content provider based out of Minneapolis, for future U.S. Olympics-related stories.

The vast majority of our stories are 1000-word feature stories on individual athletes, with most of the interviews being done by phone. We also occasionally need writers in various parts of the country for event coverage.

I'm mainly looking for writers who have strong knowledge of the smaller Olympic sports (anything from fencing to ski jumping to weightlifting to track & field), Pan-Am sports (squash, karate, roller sports, rugby etc) or Paralympic sports. A lot of people have covered one cycling race or one diving competition, but I am looking more for people who really understand the specific sport so the whole interview isn't spent learning the rules. If you don't fit that but are still interested, still send your name in because there might not always be an experienced triathlon writer in Des Moines, for example.

If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail with this info: c.mcdougall@redlineeditorial.com
    Name:
    (if different from what you are e-mailing from)
    Experience Covering Olympic Sports:
    Rate: (what you would charge for a 1000 word profile with one or two interviews)

Draft saved Draft deleted