1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer Needed for Dwayne "Stacks" Smith feature

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Songbird, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Long story short, a new Facebook friend sent me this message:

It's a pleasure to connect. Kell suggested I speak with you regarding a human interest story about an Urban fimmaker. Dwayne "Stacks" Smith. He is originally from Jamaica. He moved to the US when he was 6. Without any formal education he has become a sought after director and AD for TV series and Indie movies. I strongly feel that Stacks' story needs to be read. Its very much an "American Dream" story. It highlights Urban culture, race relations, surviving the rescission etc. Thoughts? Best, Sophie Lily Weinstein sophielily7268@gmail.com Skype: Sophielily7268@gmail.com

I'd rather pass it off to someone here who wants to take a shot at it. I believe she's Jersey-based right now.

Keep me updated if you do think it's up your alley and you connect with Sophie Lily and Stacks.

Draft saved Draft deleted