1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer in Moline, Illinois

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BarbersGmen, Mar 28, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Or maybe one that wants to give the belief that it opens its positions to anyone...

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Just thought everyone should know that they brought me in for an interview, but I failed the calculus quiz. Better luck next time, I guess.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Perhaps they're rewriting the job requirements, having realized that most applicants could do this simple equation:

40 hours/week + unplanned extra duties and/or shifts = overtime, therefore a demand for pay > what had been agreed upon at the beginning of employment.

The job will be reposted. Applicants with Grade 6 math or better will be rejected, and everyone must show an official transcript to prove their numerical incoherence.

4. Wildcat_Kaui

Wildcat_Kaui New Member

The math is needed to add up all of Michelle Wie's out of bounds shots at the John Deere Classic.

I know the guys on this sports staff, and they are really good people. I think the ad may have disappeared quickly because they have a really sharp part-timer they may be wanting to promote.

Draft saved Draft deleted