1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer/designer in Danville, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by DrewWilson, Feb 2, 2007.

1. The best part of Danville was my non-stop drive right through it...

That being said, it's a good paper. It's one that I looked at right out of school. I would encourage other newbies to do the same.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

By most standards you'd have a hard time actually finding a "great" job in this business, but most recent graduates aren't going to find a better place to start. The town isn't the greatest, but you could certainly land worse places.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Like Martinsville

4. Any news on this one?
    I kid, I kid.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Drew, are you willing to consider those who have applied for previous openings?

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a Southside VA job opening post without a reference to the Tightsqueeze Golden Skillet.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Actually, nobody has mentioned the best part of this job, which of course is the opportunity to cross paths with Tucker McLaughlin on a regular basis.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Now it's a complete SSVA thread.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Noted South Boston chowhound Tucker McLaughlin. Ha.

In all seriousness, if anyone has any questions about this gig or MG in general, PM me.

10. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

This job is more of an entry level position and perfect for recent graduates or journalists with several years of experience.

How's this gig for someone with 3 or 4 years of experience? Good opportunity?

11. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

That doesn't bother me one bit. Just because we may have decided to go in a different direction another time doesn't mean we wouldn't consider you now.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Will probably be a step back in pay unless you're working in Martinsville or Rosewell that is.

Draft saved Draft deleted