1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer at Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by GeorgeMoore, Jan 18, 2007.

1. How far is this from West Palm Beach?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Probably as far as two cities in Florida can be (actually, that'd probably be Pensacola and Homestead, but the point stands). They're 610 miles apart. You're closer to Houston (525 miles).

3. GeorgeMoore

GeorgeMoore Member

Job isn't filled. I haven't even narrowed choices yet. We've been working on hiring the ASE first, then I'll shift my attention to this spot. To everyone who has applied, I appreciate the interest. To those thinking about applying, please feel free. I'm going to spend some time the next couple of weeks going through applications.

And Pensacola isn't South Florida. No where near, not in geography or lifestyle.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

There's still 150-plus miles of Florida left once you get to Homestead.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Homestead was the furthest southeast city I could think of. I don't count the Keys because they curve west, so in theory Key West is closer to Pensacola than Miami (assuming you're boating it).

But everyone can agree that Pensacola and WPB are more like cousins twice removed than twin brothers.

6. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Best 150-plus miles of Florida, too, by a long shot, although the Redneck Riviera is OK....but I damn near bought a condo in the Keys a few years back. No place like it in the lower 48, for sure.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

If Florida is considered to be a state shaped like a giant penis, and Pensacola is the western most city in the state, does that make Pensacola the ABC of Florida?

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Forgive me for asking, but what's an ABC?

Any word on this gig?

And, yes, I already know. I'm hired.

9. jboy

jboy Guest

I believe he's referring to ass-ball-connection (ABC), a reference to an SNL skit, Appalachain (sp?) Emergency Room. One of my favorite skits, although I haven't seen it in a while. What does this have to do with a job update? Nothing.

10. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

good people at this place. I have worked with george some and a few of their others guys.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Still looking?

12. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

So what's up with this job? Has it been filled yet or what is the timeline?

Draft saved Draft deleted