1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

writer and columnist, Naples Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by drakescoffeecake, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Good question. This one's been open awhile.

2. Hook Em

Hook Em New Member

Just bumping this one. Any news?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Apparently they haven't been able to call anyone about it. :D

4. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Just looked back, that email convo was back on Jan. 18. I know nothing here since that point, but wouldn't mind finding out myself.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I spoke with the SE today to see what was going on with the writer position, and he said they were still trying to fill the columnist spot first before anything else fell into place.

6. Zman28

Zman28 New Member

I lived down in the Ft Myers-Naples area for a long time and would love to get back down there for a little while. Those who wrote about costs being high in Naples are right! Your best bet may be to get an apt in the Estero area and drive a little bit to Naples. I just read the post that they still haven't hired a writer so I sent my stuff in and plan to call soon. Any word on the time frame they are looking at to move on this GB-Hack?

7. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

I'd assume there are hundreds of applicants, but it sounds like a good job to have.

8. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

This one has been open quite awhile. Any news on the columnist position?
    What gives?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Word I hear is they got turned down by someone and now the columnist job is on the back burner while they work on filling other positions.

10. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

There was a regular writing position too, but I was told waaaaay back when this posting first came out that the powers that be only let them interview for the columnist gig.

Haven't heard anything since, but I'd sure be interested to know.

11. I met the guy they hired for the writing position at the Poynter sports thing in St. Pete.

12. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

Wow! Usually you guys have the scoop on the hires!
    So, did the new hire know any info 'bout the columnist gig?

Draft saved Draft deleted