1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Write for us and earn big bucks! (paying work - details inside)

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by supermedia, Jul 5, 2010.

1. supermedia

supermedia New Member

Hi everyone!

My names is Peter and I’m the editor-in-chief of Daily News Corner (http://dailynewscorner.com) which is a Google News Source website. It means the articles which gets published on our site, automatically gets picked up by Google News and gets posted there as well as in the regular Google search. Due to the fact that we are a Google News approved news site we receive huge traffic from all around the world.

I’m happy to inform you that right now we are recruiting writers and we are willing to pay for your articles based on the AdSense revenue sharing method. It means we pay a writer 50% of the AdSense clicks on their own articles. Your earnings are going to be deposited automatically to your own AdSense account. You can post as many articles per day as you want, all the articles are going to be reviewed by our staff before they get published.

Please, check out our news site and if you are interested to work for us, click on „Get Paid To Write For Us!” in the menu and register for an account. Once you setup your username and password you can get started!

Moreover, once you signed up, I will keep you updated with quality tips & tricks how you can earn the most by writing articles, which are the current hot topics that pay big bucks and how to target yet undiscovered niches plus other useful informations in order to boost your AdSense earnings!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Peter

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Is this an email from Nigeria? All I have to do is send over my bank account number, right?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No it is likely legit because every paper gets picked up by google. But you would have to get a shit ton of clicks to make any decent amount of money, so this is certainly a big waste of time.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hope the articles are edited better than that intro, that's for sure.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Can I just get a quarter for every one of these "big buck" job listings?

6. supermedia

supermedia New Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies so far, I appreciate them!

First of all we are not some scammers from Nigeria (I know there are enough of them out there).

Secondly, there are only about 25000 official Google News Source websites out there right now and we are one of them. Since we are a Google News approved website we get lot of traffic.

AdSense revenue sharing method is a reliable way of cooperation.

If you need more details or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me here on the forum or through the site.

Many thanks,
    Peter

7. bjammin180

bjammin180 New Member

Peter,

As one of the many talented writers here who have wasted their time with the Examiners and Demand Studios of the world, can you offer a bit more information? For instance, how does your site and the Google AdSense structure differ from Examiner's PPC structure and the like?

Thanks so much for the insight...

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Peter,

I feel like I have seen so many of these revenue sharing, content mills on here that I would need an excel spreadsheet to track all of them. If the pay is minimal, which is has to be, even if at only the beginning, then why would professionals want to write for you? They have to compete with 25,000 other sites and other content mills.

Look, I'm sure you mean well, but take it somewhere else. Like Craigslist. On second thought don't. Even the crap I find on Craigslist pays better. Honest to god.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Any legit site is going to pay by the article, not on some bogus pay per click bullshit.

Even if it is only $30-50 per article, that is guaranteed money for a writer's work, not an if.

And keep harping on this AdSense stuff, but there is a good chunk of people that don't even see them with sites/apps like Firefox's Adblocker.

And this thread title should be changed since there is no big bucks associated with this. Or we can just wait a month or two when this site inevitably folds.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

SportsJournalists.com regulars know to tread very, very lightly with these. If at all. You get the hint.

SportsJournalists.com newcomers, please tread very, very lightly with these. If at all. You get the hint.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

No whammies, no whammies ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

well he said earn big bucks in the title, shouldn't that be good enough. i was pumped when i clicked on this just like the emails with -- work from home, process medical bills, be your own boss.

Draft saved Draft deleted