1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrigley Field

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, May 7, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

By the way, does anyone know the backstory for this guy? The only definitive thing I've found that he is NOT among a group of anti-war pranksters who led a rally in Milwaukee. (One of the urban myths that has grown up around him.)

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I've never been to the Metrodome, but Tropicana Field is pretty awful. But I'd imagine they both pale in comparison to the now-departed Kingdome.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees.

Maybe he didn't like Erin "Joanie" Moran from Happy Days? Or ex-Packers offensive lineman Rich Moran? Or ex-Bills defensive lineman Sean Moran? Or Lord Moran, Winston Churchill's physician?

By the way, if you Google up Moran, Erin Moran doesn't even turn up on the first page.

Sad. Very sad indeed.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ah wrigley... first game I ever saw there was in college, I saw next to Terry Boers... maybe that explains why I'm also a cynical prick..

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I like Tropicana Field. It's great for the kids.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Question about Wrigley Field: How come you never see any home runs hit down the right-field line?

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wait.. the Cubs can hit homeruns?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

not a fan of either chicago team, but this is funny as hell.

not for work -

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I dunno about Wrigley. Oh, don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful ballpark. I just wonder a lot of times if the fans that are there are really fans of the game or they're just "fans" thinking it's a cool place to hang out. The sun's out, the beer's cold... and what are those guys doing in uniforms? How come one of them is standing on a hill of dirt?

Lately, I've preferred Comiskey for the baseball. It's much better now than what it was when it opened. It ain't ambience, that's for sure...

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought the kingdome was a fun place to watch a game. the best? hell no. but it had it's (concrete) charm. ... football? not so much.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Here's a guy who will tell you about Cubs fans:

http://www.chicagobarproject.com/Reviews/WrigleyField/Elia.htm

12. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I wasn't a really big fan of Yankee Stadium. I went in about 1998 and it seemed really run down. The old Tiger Stadium was in much, much better shape. Comerica's nice, but I really miss that place.

Draft saved Draft deleted