1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrigley Field for the first time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Because they're not there for baseball. They're there for the party.

Just as many hot chicks at a Sox game, and they're actually there for the game. Amazing concept.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/27/30-wrigley-field/

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Horsehockey.

3. Yes, Cubs fans being known for their overt racism is always epic. Same with the Harry Caray slant eyed Fukudome shirts. What a great fanbase.

Will still never win dick.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sweet Jesus. When you compare the Wrigley neighborhood to the sewage districts better known as the Yankee Stadium or Fenway neighborhoods, there's absolutely
    no comparison. Don't drive. Take the subway to the park, and enjoy yourself.
    The team was and is contemptable, but the ballpark (while, yes, it's falling apart, literally) and surrounding pub scenes are beyond compare, once you factor out the
    biggest assholes among Cub fandom -- a not-insignificant consideration, I will
    concede . . .

5. Chicago is an amazing city, except for the eight months the weather is, let's just say, fucking horrible. Rampant gang activity is also an attractive trait. Oh, and don't forget the most corrupt city, county and state governments in the nation. Quite the trifecta.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

January and February are unlivable, but you protest too much, methinks, otherwise.
    And I'll tolerate current levels of gang activity over the Rudy/Mike dictatorships, thanks.

7. Hot chicks at a Cubs game is more of a "seen and be seen" thing than chicks at a Sox game. Seriously, what woman who goes to a Sox game is actually going for the hell of it? Chicks at Cubs games could care less about the game, they're there so some other self-absorbed bitch can tell her she saw her at the Cubs game. Same type of people who read "The Reliable Source" in the Washington Post. NOBODY FUCKING CARES.

100 years and counting. Suck it, bitches.

8. November, December, January, February, March, April, early May all unlivable. November, May is hit or miss, leaning towards miss. April is rarely livable. Much of May you'll be freezing your ass off at Wrigley, as I often have in the past.

Regarding Rudy/Mike, could care less about NY. Don't live there, never will. That's your own problem.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Please note: I'm a White Sox fan, of considerable duration, going back to the Bob Keegan/Jack Harshman days . . .

That said . . . it's really too bad about the Cell, because when the time came,
    Reinsdorf had a chance to do the right thing and put up a Camden Yards-calibre
    replacement for the World's Greatest Outdoor Saloon, but went the Cell route,
    because he was too goddamn cheap to do the right thing.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

In other news from DJM, women are bad drivers, Asian people are smart and black people are all good at basketball.

11. New Comiskey was built before Camden, and the trend of the time was to build the same stadiums that were built in the 70's/80's fashion. Sure, Camden is great. Still better than all the copycats built since then. But I won't trade the World Series title and all the competitive teams for all the shit teams that still reside at Camden since 97. Easily one of the worst run teams in sports, only shielded from the fact the Nationals reside 35 miles SW. And I'm a Nats fan.

Despite what you say about JR, Ozzie would never work for the Lerners. For good reason.

12. Not all black people are good at basketball, but most women are horrible drivers and a majority of Asians are intelligent folk. What's your fucking point?

Draft saved Draft deleted