1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wright State just stole WVU's spot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know. You've beat the drum so long, how could I possibly believe otherwise? ::)

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The fun thing about March is we’ll get to see how overrated (or not) it is. I disagree with you … respectfully, of course. I’m not saying it will have two teams in the Final Four again, but no one will be lining up to play the teams that got in there from that league.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Actually, I'd argue that Kentucky's biggest was against UMass. UMass is better than a Lofton-less Vols squad.

4. Hammer Pants

Agreed.

To review:
    Vols with Lofton = scary team.
    Vols without Lofton = scary to watch.

5. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

WVU shooting lights out right now ... doesn't seem ready to go down.
    15-29 on three's.

You'd think Providence would leave the zone at some point.

6. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

There's actually a great piece about this in the baltimore sun. We linked to it ... there are 2 voters who COMPLETELY left Maryland out of the top 25, and six that ranked Duke ahead of Maryland.

7. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

The real question is which Horizon League team will be this year's Wisconsin-Milwaukee? Didn't they make it to the Sweet 16 last season?

8. Hammer Pants

Two years ago under Bruce Pearl.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And Round of 32 last year ... thumping Oklahoma before falling to Florida.

10. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

The SEC East is pretty dang tough. Florida, Tennessee, Vandy and Kentucky are in for sure. It might be the toughest division in all of college basketball.

The West? Eh.

That's why I think the SEC is overrated. The SEC West isn't that tough, there's about four teams (probably more) in the Big East or ACC that could win that division outright.

Only four of the 12 teams in the SEC should put a scare into a NCAA Tourney team. And the fourth, Kentucky, hasn't scared a top 25 team for quite some time.

Draft saved Draft deleted