1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wright State just stole WVU's spot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Makes sense. Thanks.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Because Wright State hasn't beaten anyone of consequence other than Butler (twice). No other wins in the top 100.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Fixed.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hell, Wright State has four losses to teams ranked below 200 in the RPI.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Angola!, I love your cycling log. That's some funny shit.

:D

And yeah, Gutter, I thought of those other wins after I posted the first three. Good add.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Angola,

It's because the voters this year really have no fucking clue what they're doing. In the coaches poll this week, Duke is only ONE SPOT behind Maryland, a team that has two more wins, swept them and beat UNC, while Duke was swept by both teams.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Consider me educated on Butler. I just figured that Butler would have a better conference record than Wright State since Butler was ranked No. 17.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

WSU and Butler tied in the conference and split head to heads, but WSU swept Loyola, the third place finisher and got to host the tournament on the tie-breaker.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

To answer the question re: Wright State hosting ...

Wright State and Butler both had the same conference record and split regular season meetings. The next tiebreaker is individual head-to-head records against the next team in the standings and so forth until tie is broken.

Therefore, the third-place team is Loyola ... Wright State was 2-0 vs. Loyola, Butler was 1-1. Wright State gets the No. 1 seed.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yeah. :)

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Wright State. Wrong University.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Rick Maese had an interesting column in the Baltimore Sun today about all that. He asked a handful of voters, some of whom he knew I guess, about what they were thinking with some of their rankings. Some were interesting, and some answers were kind of stupid. BUt in the end he correctly said that polls don't really matter in hoops, so just keep winning.

Draft saved Draft deleted