1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wreckem247 Editor (Lubbock Avalanche-Journal)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Hackwilson191, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

Hey, I have a job opening. I can touch more on the job if anyone is interested, you can email me at the below address. Here is the job description provided by HR.

Primary responsibility will be covering of Texas Tech recruiting, with a focus on football, men’s basketball and baseball, for the website WreckEm 24/7. Other writing duties will include occasional coverage of other college and high school sports. Coverage is with a digital-first mind-set, getting information to our website as stories develop throughout the day, then ensuring their prominent display online, with secondary use in print. This reporter uses smart phones and social media to help get the information out quickly and works with editors to plan coverage, graphics, videos and photos to accompany stories. He or she must be sensitive to the needs and interests of the community.

This job will require a strong social media presence, and that presence is to be centered on the WreckEm 24/7 website. Adding to and updating our database is also a critical part of this person’s duties.

He or she reports to the sports editor.

Send your resume and 5 clips to nicholas.talbot@lubbockonline.com

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

What does this mean?

"He or she must be sensitive to the needs and interests of the community."

3. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

I have no idea. I figured I would post the HR ad though. Daniel and I have been treating this as a different look on recruiting websites, with more in-depth writing, including doing FOIAs and having him as a secon or third option on the football beat and less focus on message boards where Rivals was already firmly established in Lubbock.

4. ped0003

ped0003 New Member

I've sent emails. Any feedback you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

5. Hackwilson191

Hackwilson191 Member

I have made a hire for this position. Carlos Silva, formerly of the San Angelo Standard-Times, has been hired. Thank you to all who applied.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He was pretty good his last year with the Cubs and only 31.

Draft saved Draft deleted