1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrath of God snow coming to where we normally do not have wrath of God snow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've flown in snow, driven in snow, worked in snow, shoveled snow, pissed in snow and shat in snow.
    I just happen to hate the stuff, with a passion.

Yeah, this time, I don't have to do squat. I can sit inside and bitch and drink and drink and bitch some more.

I still fucking hate it.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I like your women already, and I ain't even met 'em yet. ;)

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Moddy has the right idea.

There are only two options: Move the snow you have to move, drive slower and get on with your day; or, make sure you have coffee, smokes and whatever else you consider an essential, and stay home.

And it gets hotter here in the summer, too. ;)

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not Virgnia hot, and Georgia and SC laughes at our heat.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There is nothing worse than people who bitch about snow. Slow down or stay home and STFU.

Course my flight out of BWI is probably getting canceled tomorrow morning, so I'll be in full on complain and bitch mode.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm in NJ and it never fails... every time a major snowstorm is forecast there's a run at Home Depot and Lowe's for shovels, snowblowers, and ice melt (because people are too stupid to remember where they put their shovel or snow blower from last winter) and a run at the store on milk, eggs, bread, and every other food item you can think of.

Needed to go to the supermarket today to pick up a couple of things we needed (none of which were milk or bread) and baby food. Wound up going to two different stores. The first one was a little busier than usual, but not too bad. At the second one, you would have thought armageddon was upon us and that we were going to be snowed in for a week. It was amazing how crowded it was and how bad the lines were.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Average high temperature:

Richmond, Virginia: 88 (July), 87 (August)
    Hot Springs, South Dakota: 90 (July), 88 (August)
    Hot Springs average snowfall: (60-100 inches)

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Actually, in my view, the Midwest summer humidity is way, way worse than any of the 16 Atlanta summers I've experienced.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The board has been shut down for less than this!

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What about September?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hot Springs 79, Richmond 80.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The best part is when they whine...

Draft saved Draft deleted