1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrath of God snow coming to where we normally do not have wrath of God snow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Re: Oh my Tebow snow coming to where we normally do not have oh my Tebow snow

Since this is a (somewhat) Virginia-based thread, I would just like to say that I have very mixed emotions about the Ukrops deal. Open on Sundays and alcohol sales: bonus. Same prepared meals: awesome. But no more Ukrops name? Too weird. But it's where I'm headed today to stock up for the weekend. And the liquor store. Baileys and coffee on a snow day? Yes and please.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just in case your radar isn't working, FHB. ... Braylon Edwards: NOT a jew.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

We actually have a half-decent weekend shaping up in the Ontario snow belt, so.....enjoy the wintry blast, Virginia!! Better you than us for a change!!! :D

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The bakery is all that I am concerned about staying the same.

Oh, Giant sucks. Kroger will own this town in two years. Too bad Wegmans didn't buy out UKrops.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Bread and milk are for rank amateurs.

Personally, I head up to the liquor store and stock up on beer, wine and Wild Turkey.

Bread and milk, yea right.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hit Ukrop's last night. Got bags of dog food. And a bunch of other stuff.
    I
    fucking
    hate
    snow
    with
    a
    passion

Is it just me or has the Tebow stuff become another SJ run into the ground, never really was funny joke?

Did I mention I hate snow?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Tebow is still funny, in doses. I say that because I think I was the first one to use it, so I'm territorial about it. :D

That being said, 5-10 inches coming up here overnight tomorrow night. I hope it all gets dumped on VA (sorry Modster) and less makes it up here.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I have never been inside a Ukrops but all I can say is Royal Ahold bought the stores, the quality will drop really fast.

Why do people rush to the store when a snowstorm is coming? It usually lasts one day and the roads are cleared within 24 hours? Why the panic?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Depends on where you live, Pancamo. If you live in the country, your roads might not be cleared within 24 hours. Or even 48, depending on how much snow fell.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Southerners+snow=comedy ;D

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought Teblow was used because some people got a little testy when "God" was used.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

This.

To me, there are few things funnier than watching the TV news when couple of inches of snow fall in places completely unequipped - physically or mentally - to deal with it.

Then again, it's funny to me because I'm watching it on TV and I'm not in the middle of it. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted