1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow - who knew Jeff Foxworthy had this in him?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 23, 2007.

1. Someday you'll be humble (but I won't hold my breath).

BTW - you still haven't answered how you are able to look into the souls of people like Jeff Foxworthy. What's your trick there Kwai Chang Caine?

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Don't ask Loretta about the music!

[​IMG]

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was just in Nashville. I saw that baby crying.

I just shrugged my shoulders and went to Jack's Barbeque.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Drunk! And divorced!

[​IMG]

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

D-i-v-o-r-c-e-d!

[​IMG]

6. She's got a big brown beaver

7. Speaking of divorce - I read this today and thought I'd share;

http://taopoker.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html#273252914285197231#273252914285197231

8. [​IMG]

Drunk....and divorced...and drunk...and...

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Oh, really? Guess nobody asked these guys:

http://www.zogby.com/NEWS/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

http://www.militarycity.com/polls/2006_main.php

My, that MSM did a masterful job of masking its political agenda in the run up to the Iraq invasion, when the pro-war voices on newscasts outnumbered the anti-war ones by at least 20 to 1.

Does an anti-war song in the spirit of "Iraq And Roll" get green-lighted by Clint Black's record label?

Paraphrasing Jack Rudolph: "The media is not run by liberals, it's run by companies. And you'll live a long time before you find a liberal on the board of directors of one of those companies."

You're a Bush/war supporter, and you want the media to "tell the truth" about Iraq?

Be careful what you wish for.

10. Yeah Joe - who would suspect a poll sponsored by the Le Moyne College’s Center for Peace and Global Studies to be biased. ::) (Oh and that poll is over a year old)

As far as your second link:

So at least half of the soldiers think the mission will still succeed. I wonder if people like Harry "we lost the war - let's just run like Frenchmen" Reid and the constant barrage of bad news stories by the MSM had anything to do with the increase in pessimism?

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yes, because I'm sure that the sentiments of the troops on the ground have taken a dramatic turn in the last year.

However, the burden of proof is not on me. You claimed that troops in Iraq were "united" that the media isn't telling the truth about the war, that things in Iraq are actually going swimmingly. I cited two polls -- one of military personnel in Iraq (the most recent poll I could find) and military personnel in general (posted in December) -- that suggest that's not the case.

Oh, and claiming that somebody is "biased" or "has an agenda" is typically codespeak for "I can't refute the content." Maybe Zogby and the Military Times just polled the liberal cliques of the military.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Country radio can call me when it starts playing Steve Earle and Roseanne Cash instead of the pablum it forces on the American people.

I hated country music for most of my life without realizing that there was other country music out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted