1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

this thread is like a fucking car wreck. i keep saying that i'm done with it. i'm not looking again and then a new post pops up and i'm reading it.

i feel so dirty.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This isn't about winning or losing. Although it is about shared failure, and the American people have failed by electing this lifelong failure into an executive office.

And if you want to talk about changing the rules, there's that document called the Constitution that's currently hanging by a ball hair.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't mean to drag you back in. :'(

SHIT, I just did so again. :-\

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Accidental post padding...interesting concept.

^^^^^^^^ Not accidental^^^^^^^^

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Marmalard: "What do you intend to do, sir? Delta's already on probation."

Dean Wormer: "They are? Well, from now on, they're on DOUBLE-SECRET PROBATION! ... You live right next door to them. Put Neidermeyer on it, he's a sneaky little shit, just like you."

7. Since none of us know what kind of relationship they have and only they do, I guess we really should not be so presumptuous as to say one way or the other. But that's apparently not going to stop you.

8. Ever hear of a joke? Or trying to use humor to break the ice with someone? Maybe you should try it sometime, if you know what that is, I guess.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I personally enjoyed the Clinton spin.

Let me tell you why this wouldn't have happened with Clinton: Because he, like 98 percent of all presidents, knew how to present himself and this country with class and dignity.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, he banged an intern, not a lot of dignity there. Don't bother with that tired shit. Apples and oranges in this case.

When Clinton stood in front of a mic at one of these summits, we were proud of the words that came out of his mouth. When he met with other world leaders, we had confidence in his abilities to interact with those people on our behalf and in our best interest. When he ventured out in public, there was a 10 percent chance he'd do something goofy and a 90 percent chance he'd act presidential.

For Fredo, all of that is the exact opposite.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He saved the stupid stuff for when he was back in the U.S. Or when he was under oath right before he was impeached.

Probably not good timing for stupidity. But as Gore and Kerry have shown us, the most recent Dems aren't too big on coming through in the clutch. Right, dogturdo?

11. I think I just vomited on my computer screen.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm failing to understand how a word of this is relevant to this conversation. So, basically what you've just said here is that you've got absolutely nothing to add but you just couldn't let me post and not follow it up with your normal ignorant shit.

Seems about right.

Draft saved Draft deleted