1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. That's not what I said, asshole.

Go stick your head in an oven, hasta pronto.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

He invaded Afghanistan.

There. I've stated the one thing Dubya did right in five-plus years turning this country into a bad joke worldwide. And why what we do shouldn't always be dictated by world opinion, neither should it be spit upon and dismissed... which is what this gang has done from Day One.

And he couldn't even get that one thing right.

As for the "rubber room," that should be reserved for anyone not a member of the Millionaire's Club or a Christofascist who voted for this clown. They're the only constituents he represents.

3. Did you ever stop to think that plenty of other presidents have done all these things, too ... but perhaps some of our reporting bretheren like to point it out when Bush does it ... in order to make him look idiotic on purpose?

Nah, that can't be it. Most of the media have no axe to grind with Bush. Just look at the even-handed treatment he gets around here. ::)

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

The German chancellor is having one heck of a week with W. Did you see the Daily show's clips of their joint press conference where Bush kept asking about the pig roast, including after he got a question regarding Israel, Lebannon and Iraq: "I thought you were going to ask me about the pig?" She looked so uncomfortable standing at the podium with him. At first, I thought she was waiting for the translation, then thought, she must understand/speak English.

Never does Bush look less like a statesman than when he's sharing a stage with other world leaders. It's just plain sad.

5. Hey, look, another brain stem! The hits just keep on coming ...

6. Yes, we never heard about Jimmy Carter and the rabbit, and never saw Michael Dukakis in the tank, or John Kerry in that blue HazMat suit. And we never learned anything about Bill Clinton's sex life, and nobody laughed at Al Gore kissing his wife.
    I guarantee you you cannot find an example of a president of the United States acting like this much of a public creep, and I am sorry that it doesn;t fit into any of the easy categories -- liberal bias! -- that you picked from various blogs out of which you've constructed your TinkerToy ideology.
    The man is a lout.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You are correct. He caught a 7.5-pound bass, but the translator changed it to perch.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That seems small for a bass, could it have been a violin?

9. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

I ain't about to read all these posts, but I think two conclusions can be drawn from this:

Clinton must have been a sexual dynamo, because Monica, Paula and god knows who else surrendered to his advances....

It's reasonably assured that Merkel will never end up under the Oval Office desk.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Lyman's right.

It's not like W has puked on the emperor of Japan or anything. Geez.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It was actually a cello.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

You asked for something he did right. I told.

Not my fault if it's not sinking in, Lyman.

Draft saved Draft deleted