1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the behind-the-back surprise shoulder rub is just an excruciating invasion of space....it's a sexist and patronizing power move.

That, and the arm-around-the-back-too-far-so-the-hand-lands-under-the-breast move are grounds for justifiable homicide, in my legal opinion.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

21, Could be. Or what if a half hour earlier, she had come up from behind him and poked him in the sides, surprising the shit out of him? I mean, what if that is the relationship they have? Even if it does seem very unlikely, you never know. Don't you want context before deciding that he groped her against her wishes? About the worst I can say right now is that our president looks like an impetuous 3-year-old in video that seems to be appearing every few hours. It very well may have been the "sexist and patronizing power move." I know it's more likely. But I'd still rather have more context before calling the President a serial mollester.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

America hasn't had such poor representation in Europe since Clark Griswold won a free trip on Pig in a Poke.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ummmm.... If 21 asks, I'm not here.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is this move appropriate for a world leader?

[​IMG]

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And remember the last time he was around representatives of so many countries....

[​IMG]

7. Go back and find the clip from when he was a candidate, and he was on Letterman and, when a young PA came out during a break, Fredo used the tail of her blazer to wipe his glasses. (This is reputed to be the moment when Letterman turned angry on him.) Same kind of thing. Entltled fratboy to whom nobody can say no. Never been held to account for 10 seconds in his life.
    Plus, if he'd ever tried this with Maggie Thatcher, she'd have broken his jaw.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. Devil's advocate is over. That made me laugh.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

With her dick.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This doesn't come close to the top Bush boners of the year, like when he approached the worker in a wheelchair:

"You look mighty comfortable."

Or telling the German reporter (what is it with him and the Germans?) that the highlight of his presidency was "when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake."

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

For a man that just turned 60 years old, and has lived a life of privilege for well, six decades now, there seem to be way too many things that are just now occurring to him (and many others that haven't occurred to him at all yet.)

I would say you can't live in your own fucking bubble world all your life, but Bush is proving me wrong.

Intellectual curiosity -- get some. Fuck. :mad:

12. Not being a fisherperson, is it permissable to call bullshit on that perch story?
    Do they get that big regularly?

Draft saved Draft deleted