1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Thank you taking a stab at an honest answer. The thing is, despite some of your own evident douchebag tendencies, I somehow feel like you're not one. Contrary to semi-popular opinion, I don't think you're dumb, either. And I've seen you contribute positively to the board. It just seems like a waste when you spend so much time picking fights and hacking on people -- whether you think they deserve it or not.

This will sound like a parable, but there was once a poster on here -- we'll call him Junkie, because that was his name -- who tended to throw a lot of stones. He just wasn't very fun. Then he went away for a while, cleansed his soul, came back, and he was like a new person (only I suspect he had only become his real person; he'd just decided to drop the Internet gangster thing). Since, I have had many decent, informative, and entertaining exchanges with him. We went from really going at each other to sharing our love of KISS (before Eric Carr joined, the cock-eater). It was all very nice and uplifting.

I wish the same for you, sincerely. Like I said, I don't know why, but I feel like you have it in you.

Sorry if this sounds like some Mr. Rogers hokum. It's meant, though.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jones was asking about YOUR motivation, not the motivations of others. You really and truly do seem to "hate" a lot of people on this board. Whether it's initiated by you or not, you also engage in a lot of name-calling, something I admit I've taken to doing in recent days, but something I'm trying to stop, as well.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

We can get back to making fun of the unelected president anytime now.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Wow! Never thought this thread would take such a sentimental turn. My eyes are watering.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Really, I just saw a chance to shit in Eric Carr's mouth, and I took it.

Beth, my ass.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think that was what I was trying to explain.

I just find it curious that so many people who would seem to have jobs requiring them to see gray areas and argue logically with facts are incapable of doing so here, either by choice because they don't want to do those things, or because of sheer inability.

Since some people here have not been shy about telling me the myriad reasons why they are better than I am, or why my anonymity should be violated even though it's protected for most of the board, I'll just add that I feel I'm above the stage of needing everyone to agree with me like a high school clique and instituting some bullshit rule about not criticizing a thread topic. I won't say that makes me smarter, but I think it is more of a necessary attitude.

Jones seems to think it's a popular opinion I'm dumb. I really don't give a shit. I tend to think it's more of a reflection of today's society and how people react to certain viewpoints and topics. Most objective measures would show I'm at least above average intelligence-wise, but I have no intention of getting into a pissing match about that.

As far as the motivation for posting here, I'll say again that some of the people I consider to be the better posters seem to be on break. If they return, things might change. If they stay away, I'll probably stay away.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

You saw beyond that single sentence in my post, I hope.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, yeah.

A lot of it is just that I don't buy into the liberal line all the time. And today's society equates non-liberals with being dumb. Some of that's valid, as with the stem cell research argument, and some of it's not.

Again, just a reflection of today's society, which is unfortunate.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Cool. Just wanted to say my piece for peace. And good luck with your book. It's hard work, but it's worth it.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

This has been touching. Really, I'm shedding a tear.

Jones, you're wasting your time. And I know that for a fact. I had pretty much the same conversation with this jackass just before his last flame out. I was caught completely off-guard when he went apeshit crazy at the time. Tried to talk to him, tried to reason with him. Hell, quite a few others here have as well. But it's useless. The guy's acted the exact same way despite two long breaks and three different names. It's who he is, and he ain't changing. I know you meant well with all of this, but it's wasted effort. He'll return a while down the road, using a different name and still acting the same way.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

More complete bullshit from dogturdo. I'm sure you remember it that way, but from what I understand it was about 180 degrees the other way.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Oh, I'm sure you do. Something tells me that happens with you quite a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted