1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Oh, but it's even better than that. Not only was Retardye formerly poloponies, he was also sauronseye. If you weren't around way back when, that probably doesn't mean too much to you. But when you're referred to by the elders around here as "He Who Must Not Be Named," you know it can't be a good thing.

Basically, retardye/polo/sauronseye has suffered from the same mental problems throughout every stint. He truly and honestly believes with all of his heart that he's far smarter than everyone else on this board. That's the reason for the pompous, overbearing, holier-than-thou attitude that he displays with every post. Ever wonder why he was being an asshole just to be an asshole? That's why.

The big problem with that, of course, is that he's nowhere near the smartest person on this board. In fact, he's somewhere below mid-level. So, after putting up with a few of his bullshit posts and ignoring several others, finally, someone will call him on it. And that sets the wheels in motion -- the bi-polar/neurotic wheels, that is. Within days of being called out, this jackass is in full psycho/stalker mode, following around whoever dared question his intellect and lobbing childish insults (See: dogturdo). Eventually, a handful of people will get tired of this shit and attack back. And that's when we're treated to the GRAND FINALE. He'll go absolutely bat-shit crazy for a few days, post like 100 times each day and then be gone for a few months -- either by choice or by force.

We all enjoy those few months.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Nope, just you, dogturdo.

Your lines of logic are beyond tortured. About the only thing you have going for you is the ability to write a coherent sentence, which is a skill that eludes some here (ahem, Football Bat).

Just go back to wondering about corner kicks in soccer. Leave the heavy thinking to the people who are capable of it.

And try to face reality: Gore lost. Kerry lost. They both could have and should have won. But they didn't. They fucked it up. Try to adjust.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I can translate this, but there's no need to.

As I said ... priceless.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The photos are pixillated, but there is something with him that most assuredly off ... the doofus/drunk expression, hair askew, bad tie, eyes wide open. And look at how much this man has aged in four years.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Pathetic.

Your comebacks are becoming increasingly shameful. In fact, it's tough to even call them comebacks at this point.

If they continue at this level, I'm gonna have to stop responding to you. It just seems ... unfair.

6. Football_Bat

Since Dog just posted, and you know what's coming:

[​IMG]

A picture is worth a thousand words.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

He was SauronsEye as well?
    Wow, I remember that character. But I thought that guy got banned?
    I may still be a newbie, but that's because I don't post that much. Well until I recently didn't post that much. Now, I use SportsJournalists.com as the office watercooler since I work at home now and spend a lot more time on the board.

Personally, I think the big, grand statements of DyePack/PoloPonies/SauronsEys remind me of a local columnist. The guy who tries to speak for the entire region, but comes across as clueless when he talks outside a very small area of expertise.
    Sort of like another thread where he said only the newspaper industry treats its employers or potential employees in such a bad/stupid way. I was going to point out the Michigan employer who told all his employees that they had to quit smoking, be entirely nicotine free, or be fired. four lost their jobs. Or the guy who worked for A/B and got a Coors at the bar by mistake and was fired the next day because someone had seen him at the bar with the beer.
    I'd put those against newspaper horror story I have ever heard.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Way to go apples and oranges on us, Sherlock.

The thread was talking about someone who already was working for the newspaper and was touted by the thread creator as being some sort of expert on the Web site.

Trouble is, management decided to play a stall game, apparently after he had been told he would be hired, and he took a different job.

The difference? Control. The people WHO WERE ALREADY WORKING could have changed their behavior. They didn't.

The newspaper guy, at least based on what we were told, simply wanted the company to give him a fucking response. I applaud the guy for having the sense to work someplace else.

But this is the response I always expect when I point out the industry's numerous flaws. Some dipshit like Jay comes up with a complete ad hominem like a coal mine collapsing or some shit, and then tries to use that as an example of how things are so wonderful.

9. Football_Bat

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Read this shit and tell me my description of this jackoff isn't right on the money.

"But this is the response I always expect when I point out the industry's numerous flaws."

In his mind, he honestly believes that he's smarter than every-damn-body.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No, just you, dogturdo. I believe I said that before. Read much?

The specific example I gave stems from the same ad hominem responses I usually receive. Many journalists want to just keep cowering at their desks or thumbing their noses at any proposal for change.

My responses evolve from that. I used to try to engage the design dolts in meaningful discourse, but they proved they couldn't handle that. So now I treat most of them as mental midgets.

Want something better? Show me you can change. [/richardripley]

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Amazing. In a relatively short post, you've managed to contradict yourself.

Nice work.

Draft saved Draft deleted