1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, some fun memes on Mashable about Kim Kardashian's latest attention seeking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Meatie Pie, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Holy Christ. What a fuck up, Times.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how many times an article from The Daily Currant pops up in my newsfeed, posted by someone who doesn't realize it's satire.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The latest one making the rounds I have seen is the Sarah Palin "story" where she wants to ship Mexicans back "across the Mexican Ocean." The people that work at these "news" sites need to go away, the online populus aren't smart enough to get satire.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Here's the Daily Currant story:

“I don't understand why everyone is focusing on Kim’s booty.” he said. “Obviously I love her ass. That’s why I married her. But nobody has an ass like mine. I have one of the top three asses of all time.

"My booty is like Michelangelo level, you feel me? It's like a sculpture. It's like something that should be sitting in a museum for thousands of thousands of years. Kim? She's got a nice ass. But it's not at that level.

“The media hates me. That’s why they're ignoring my butt, and putting all their attention on Kim’s. It’s the only explanation that makes any sense.”

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/11/14/kanye-i-have-a-better-butt-than-kim-kardashian-2/

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

https://screen.yahoo.com/george-michael-impression-000000368.html

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the most recent one I've been seeing. I don't like Palin and I know she's a moron, but even that immediately rang untrue. When I saw the link, I wasn't surprised.

And, while I get your point that the populous isn't smart enough to recognize satire, I think it's just that the Daily Currant doesn't do it all that well. I mean, why are they even mentioning Palin anymore? She's completely irrelevant to the national conversation.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The Daily Currant is generally terrible, but that's actually pretty good.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same thing with Empire News. The amount of people who believe and repost that stuff is staggering.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Do other guys find this shit stain attractive?

Draft saved Draft deleted