1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow. So people still do karaoke--ONE FLOOR BELOW ME!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 8, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Holy shit that is amazing. You are blessed. If you lived in NYC, you could turn them into $$. It's the humor column that writes itself.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jesus Christ, I kid you not, as I opened this thread back up SHE STARTED SINGING WARWICK AGAIN!!!!

It's much better than this weekend, when her husband MURDERED "Bridge Over Troubled Water." By the end, I was hoping the bridge would be napalmed.

At this rate, I expect her and her husband to ask my wife and I to join them for "That's What Friends Are For" any day now.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

If they ask you to join in on a rousing rendition of "We Are The World," I would find a new place to live if I were you! :D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

The most amusing thing is she keeps repeating the line "I'll never..." as if she's trying to hit the right note.

Darling, you are singing karaoke in your house alone. It's close enough.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll never love this way again,
    I'll never love this way again.

It's not even a high note to hit. Is she just that bad?

Where's that Gong Show gong when you need it!? ;D

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

They're so bad. So, so bad. But they're so nice. So we almost feel bad laughing at them up here.

It's not as entertaining as the sideshow at our last place: The guy upstairs banging his vocal girlfriend. :D :D :D

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If I were you BYH, I'd start with some VERY loud sex when you get home from work. What? 2:30 ish. I mean get really loud -- vulgar language, etc. Make'm want to call the ambulance because they think you're killing your wife.

(Sorry, but I know the 8 second jokes are coming.)

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Time to revive this puppy.

For the last hour, the woman downstairs has been MURDERING Patti LaBelle's "On My Own." I mean, clubbing it like a baby seal. She's trying to add her own inflections after the chorus. Good God, it's like a disembowling of the ears.

ON MY OWN ON MY OWN ALL BY MYSELF...if you were my wife you'd be all by yourself BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CARRY A TUNE!!!!

Goodness.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

tape it and play it back, loudly...
    Make a CD...

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Either that or sing Billy Idol at the top of my lungs.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: BYH is Michael McDonald. ;D

Oh well ... No Looking Back Now ... 8)

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think BYH needs to respond with a resounding acapella rendition of "Friends in Low Places"...That'll teach em

Draft saved Draft deleted