1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, Lebron James sure doesn't get it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I am outraged about the random linking of words with acts that are not related and the opinions of athletes who do not share my outrage with this tenuous connection!

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's good stuff, that.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In the context of the ad with caption "Prepare for Combat" Bryant or James said nothing wrong.

In related story for All Star Weekend NBA has dropped "Shootout " from the Footlocker 3 Point Shootout.

It is now called the Footlocker 3 point contest.

Political correctness at its finest

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Henceforth, the word "shots" will not be allowed, all such actions must be referred to as "field goal attempts."

::) ::) ::)

5. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

But will Brett Favre still be the gunslinger? I hear NFL guys own guns too.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

David Stern is respectively asking the media to use "hoist" from now on .

7. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Loved this exchange.

“This is it,” (Garnett) responded. “It’s for all the marbles. I’m sitting in the house loading up the pump, I’m loading up the Uzis, I’ve got a couple of M-16s, couple of nines, couple of joints with some silencers on them, couple of grenades, got a missile launcher. I’m ready for war.”

“I’m bringing my shotgun, my bow and arrow, my four-wheel drive truck and four wheelers and run over him,” Miller said Tuesday. “It’s going to be the ultimate battle. He’s a warrior, and that’s how I like to play when I step between the lines.”

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/4999918/

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This thread is similar to 9/11.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Exactly.

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

In Jackie MacMullen's Bird and Magic book, it talks about the commercial that brought them together for the first time. It was for 2 new styles of Converse shoes. The slogan: "Choose Your Weapon."

Nothing to see here, people. Move along. Nothing to see here.

11. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Remember that one well. Bird and Johnson back-to-back holding their sneakers like pistols about to start an old-fashioned duel.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

This thread is killer.

Draft saved Draft deleted