1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow. Just Wow.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I thought it was a reference from Dodgeball, when the strange guy is trying to hit on the pretty chick.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I first saw it in those naughty bunny stickers, or whatever they're called. The bunny was smiling and had its hands over its mouth with "I threw up in my mouth a little" underneath. Or was that post Dodgeball? Other stickers said stuff like "You suck", "I farted" or something like that.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I first read it in Bill Simmons' columns in like 1999, back when he was funny and wrote as Boston Sports Guy.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pierre de Coubertin would never say something like that.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Here's the one that gets me. And I sadly do it all the time. Excessive use of the word "Like" at the most random points of a spoken sentence.

There was a good VW advert that referenced it before the car got smashed to be-jesus.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm swearing off use of the phrase "not so much." It's not inherently wrong or anything, but I'm wearying of it. I've caught myself saying it a couple of times since my self-imposed moratorium, to my mild chagrin.

I was in a car accident in November and seeing that VW ad freaked me out. :-\

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

When I hear that a team or athlete "shit the bed," I ... throw up a little bit in my mouth.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I prefer the term "fucked the dog" to "shit the bed," as the former is even more horrible.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm glad you live like across the pond, or we might like run into each other and you like might have to kill me.

I'm like not kidding.

All the freaking time. It's something I don't even like hear myself say anymore.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One presumably was involuntary, though.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

My most uncomfortable moments in any recent week have come while watching the VW commercials, waiting for the crash.

I can't remember a commercial ever having that effect on me. And I can't imagine it leading me to buy a Volkswagen.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, "fucked the dog" is blunt and uncomfortable, which is perfect for me.

I throw in random likes all the time, and like (proper use) IJAG, I don't even realize it. I don't know when "I know, right" entered my lexicon, but most of my wrestling chat friends use it and I guess it rubbed off on me. "Yeah, really" also finds its way in there.

I also like mixing regional dialects with random vulgarities -- "mercy, sunshine, you fucking fail at life" is a favorite for when people cut me off on the road or people do something stupid, and it mixes four cultures (southern, British, vulgar, YTMND/4chan geek).

I'm an interesting person to be around. From a safe distance.

Draft saved Draft deleted