1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow. Just Wow.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I'm. Rick. James. Bitch!

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Perhaps this guy would join me in starting some sort of an organization. Finally, I have an explanation.

http://www.mtannoyances.com/?p=536

It appears that they do trace it to a Simpsons character.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That should'nt come as much of a surprise. I mean, can't everything now be traced to a Simpsons character?

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I'll add this one to your list:

Joe Blow? Not so much. As in: Drew Brees was a great signing. Daunte Culpepper? Not so much.

It also bugs me when people say, "I know. Right?"

Then again, lots of things bug me, which is why I have so few friends.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wasn't meant to be what you think.
    The day I do haiku is the day I join the Dwarf's fan club

6. CU_Buffalo_Gal

CU_Buffalo_Gal New Member

Does anyone else watch or listen to sportscasters on a pleasant Saturday or Sunday and end up shouting at the sportscasters? I know that commentating on live TV or radio cannot be an easy job. And I know I've said things during media interviews that were probably not grammatically correct. But the way these people screw with the English language and make up their own words is just scary.

I wish I could think of a good example right now. Last night, I did hear "Funnily enough, ..."

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've heard some stuff that's made me say "Wow. Just. Wow." Funnily? Not so much.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair, if you use "Wow. Just Wow." You obviously need some kind of punctuation after the first wow.

Just. Sayin.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Shouldn't it be "Wow. Just, wow."?

10. joe

joe Active Member

Using "would" after the fact, as in, "and he would make the basket." instead of the correct tense. -- Vern Lundquist
    Every gobstomping one of them using the passive voice instead of an active voice just so they can fill the fucking air with their sound.
    Ironic, because it never is. A million others. Literally! (See what I mean?)

11. CU_Buffalo_Gal

CU_Buffalo_Gal New Member

Misuse of "literally" just KILLS me. :mad:

"He was literally puking his guts out." Really? His stomach and intestines were on the floor?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There's a reference to it the second Austin Powers when Dr. Evil's chair goes nutso.

Draft saved Draft deleted