1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow. Just Wow.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I know I'm going to rile some feathers here, but I'm about to hit the hay and need to have something to read when I get up in the morning.

I just want to be the first to say that I'm rapidly growing tired of some of the idosyncracies that seem to have found their way into the language used by folks here and in the larger online media realm. Frankly, and I'm probably going to be declared culturally dead for this, I have no idea how the "Wow. Just wow." thing began. But I cringe every time I read it. I suppose it's the modern version of some stupid shit that I said in past years. But is there something about it that is particularly witty, cool or insightful?

Actually, it's not just this statement. It's this trend toward separating words or phrases by periods, which apparently adds emphasis. While it bothers me, I'm not trying to be an asshole here. I just want to understand how this became a part of the culture and what significance it has.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I blame. Mike. Lopresti.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Does anyone else get the feeling that most of the opposing responses to this HeinekenMan's point will appear much like this?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Indeed. Just indeed.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Interesting. Very interesting.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

wow. just wow. 8) 8) 8)

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God.

8. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Oh. My. Goodness.

(Sorry HeinekenMan, no real help here.)

9. HeinekenMan

How. Did. I. Not. Anticipate. These. Responses.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Really. Hard. To. Say, Charlie Brown.

11. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

Seriously?

12. HeinekenMan

I googled and found no information. It just has to be a pop culture thing. Rome, maybe? That would explain it. I'd rather listen to Rosie O'Donnell.

Draft saved Draft deleted