1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, I actually laughed at SNL this weekend

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When I saw the McGruder sketch right after the monologue, I couldn't help but think that the sketch, while not entirely bad, never would have made the first hour when they had decent casts...

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think they mainly use those pre-taped bits as cover to set up between sketches, like the video shorts and the cartoons, not because they're really funny.

And regarding the Tracy Morgan bit. With six weeks until Pennsylvania, I would love to see 30 Rock do a storyline about work conflict between Obama backers and Hillary supporters, it could be hilarious, complete with racially sensitive, and sexist attacks and maybe even an inflammatory religious leader.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Jonah Hill was such a riot ... but SNL was just awful. And for closing in on 40, Mariah Carey still looks good. Despite the fact that she was lip-synching both songs.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured Hill wrote some of his own stuff, the six-years-old bit was pretty funny, as was the on-line first date. The McCain bit seemed a little forced, like uh, we can't forget about McCain.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Not all of her is 40.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yeah, like her eye brows. Man, she totally waxed them in '82!

Draft saved Draft deleted