1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow! Golf photos worth a few minutes if you have time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 28, 2007.

1. Please ... take me there .. any one of them .... I need the rest and relaxation ...

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd consider it heresy to play a course like that without a caddy, so add another $100...

3. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I love seeing courses in the middle of chaos, like the range in NYC or the one in the middle of the Brickyard. And that course with the view of Pearl Harbor must be a neat experience.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Brickyard Crossing G.C. at IMS only has four holes inside the track, but it's outstanding (and the golf course can stand on its own without the great scenery). Of course it's not open on race day or qualifying days, but if you can play while there's a practice or even just a Richard Petty Driving Experience going on, it's very cool.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Our state has high school sand green state championships.
    And when our course was sand greens, high score had to rake the hole. ;D
    Nice thing is you can throw your wedge, or anything, right at the hole and the ball doesn't roll anywhere to speak of.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

If you're going to play Pebble Beach, yes, do it the right way and take a caddie. The carts MUST stay on the path at Pebble Beach, and keeping carts on the path at all times is the worst possible way to play the game — anywhere. Every avid golfer should get to Pebble once, but if you like to play fast, acknowledge up front that it's not going to happen here. Every group pulls out a camera on every other hole to create those keepsakes; expect a round to take 5 and half hours.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I played there during a practice day one time. Awesome experience to play while a car zoomed around at 180+.

And it's a great course overall. Not just because it's where it is.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Only course I've ever wanted to play is the Old Course at St. Andrew's.

Only in Scotland: course isn't open Sundays, they're booked for the rest of this year (there's a lottery system--unless you want to play in November or December; and you must have no higher than a 24 handicap (men) or 36 for women to play

There are five other courses that make up St. Andrews including the New Course which was built in 1895

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I loved the Alaska pictures. I've always wanted to play a round at midnight up there. In June, not December.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You won't be that relaxed hitting at Chelsea Piers. For me to take a taxi from work, hit 100 balls and take a taxi home is around $55.

11. Great pictures! I love the 10-year-old kid in No. 25. Is it just me, or is young Austin going at the ball like Ben Hogan? I wish I could get on the inside part of the plane like that youngster :)

Draft saved Draft deleted