1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, Fox says F-You To Sox-Yanks fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by schiezainc, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Ack! Three inches! AP mocks me.

2. Meaningless? Someone could have died in those few minutes and we would have missed it, dammit.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You are the reason I wish this group existed in the real world.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NO_MA'AM

4. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Not to mention that the 12th game of a 162-game season isn't exactly chock-full of meaning.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct. From here on out, no baseball on television unless it's September!

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The raccoon has drowned.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sheet, this thread's raccoon drowned when the first post was typed.

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Given the last line in your first post on this thread, I am not surprised.

9. Is the squirrel still alive? Don't tell me something's happened to the squirrel ...

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Stan's hunting the squirrel ;)

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

For those of you from New York or Boston, here is what really happened: Fox officials gathered early in the day and decided to use their considerable power to mess with the minds of Red Sox and Yankee fans by making it rain during the game that they were televising, delaying it enough so that they would have to switch channels mid-batter, so that racing can take its place.

For those of you who are unaware, Fox officials loath people from the east coast, especially those from Boston and New York, because the power they have because of the sheer number of people in that area, affects how all the networks do their job.

Fox officials are at home tonight celebrating the practical joke they played on the nation.

For the rest of the country, I am amazed they stuck with the baseball game that long.

They cut off what is usually about an hour long pre-race show to stick with the baseball and since they were most likely obligated to show the start of the race, they were looking for the best time to switch channels. Then the inning wouldn't end leave Fox with no decision but to move mid-batter.

They could have just said screw you entirely and once the rain delay went two hours never go back to the game, but they didn't. Had it been St. Louis-Houston in a rain delay, the game would have gone away, never to be heard from again.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Why was New York batting in the "bottom of the ninth"?
    Wasn't the game played in Boston?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.