1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, Fox says F-You To Sox-Yanks fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by schiezainc, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Re: Wow, Fox says F-You To Sox fans

[​IMG]

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Maybe some of us like to casually mention things we know are true. You know, let the rest of the class pick up on it, and not seem like an asshole. Maybe we have a reason to do that.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Nice sig line, RM.

4. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

8)

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

It was a shitty move. I understood it. If the network's going to wait that long for a game that could have been called at any time, and they have other stuff going on, they did the right thing. Especially because at the office, we grabbed the remote and found what channel FX was.

I feel especially bad for those watching FX for the Baywatch reruns. What were they ever to do?!

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Who cares? It's the Red Sox and the Yankees. As someone else mentioned, we get their crap rammed down our throat all year long. Screw 'em.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing that maybe moving to NASCAR was a good move--country wide.

I'm just saying that in New England, the last out in a one-run game, especially a home game for the Red Sox not carried by NESN, should be played out.

If this was the seventh inning, fine, switch. Hell, if it was before the start of the bottom of the ninth, fine, switch.

But the last pitch? Seriously? And for the FIRST few laps of a NASCAR race not named Daytona?

It'd be like living in Dallas and seeing your station switch from a Giants-Cowboys game where Eli Manning is at the two-yard line on fourth down with 0:05 remaining to "bring you live coverage" of the warm-up period of the 2008 Kotex Figure Skating Championships.

In the time it took me to get to FX, Posada fouled off two pitches. Either one could have ended the game.

I'm not asking for people to agree whether the station should have switched, I'm merely pointing out that whoever came up with this decision at FOX is/was a turd eater.

Sox-Yanks, Dodgers-Giants, I don't care. You don't switch from the last pitch of a one-run game for the meaningless first few laps of a less-than-pivitol NASCAR race. Period.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The decision was made for Fox by the NASCAR contract, turd eater.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

FRAK YOU!

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Corrected. My first thought was "Well, I'm sure Yankee fans didn't want to see Posada blow it"

Oh, and sportschick, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your opinion so much that I am going to print your post and wipe my ass with it. :)

11. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Stupid NASCAR. I don't care about them cutting away from the game. It's too early in the season to care about baseball. But I could have gone home a half-hour ago except for the race. Why couldn't they start the race earlier? Must be that West-coast bias.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Whatever helps make up for your pathetic, lonely fanboi existence, turd eater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.