1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, Fox says F-You To Sox-Yanks fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by schiezainc, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Alright, don't know how many of you guys give a crap about this, but I'm watching the Red Sox and Yankees game today. Endure a two-hour rain delay mind you and with two outs, bottom of the ninth, 3-2 count, Fox switches (without warning) to fucking NASCAR.

Fucking NASCAR.

Wait, let me repeat myself.....FUCKING NASCAR!!!!!!!

Now, to their credit, they did announce that the game was going to be finished off over at FX, but that's not the point. The last fucking pitch of a game people watched for hours and you flip over to the first fucking lap of some bullshit redneck race?

Thank god I had cable or I would have screamed something fierce.

What turd-neck had the balls to call this one?

Stupid twats.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Wow, Fox says Fuck You To Sox fans

I'd rather watch NASCAR than the most overrated regular-season baseball series, like ever.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fucking deal with it, you whiny fucking babies. The rest of the country doesn't exactly enjoy having THE MOST IMPORTANT RIVALRY IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS crammed down our throats 18 times a year.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I'd be upset, too. This is probably the last time a Yankees-Red Sox game will be on TV this season.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Redneck, eh? You should definitely include that in your e-mail to FOX.

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

No, include the last line. Make sure you get noticed.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Wow, you can all kiss my ass.

I'm just saying that to watch a baseball game for hours on end only to have it shut off on THE LAST FUCKING PITCH is ridiculous.

I understand not everyone in the country is in love with the Sox-Yankees. Hell, I hate both teams (I'm a Mariners fan). But a 4-3 ball game between two of the best baseball teams in the country (based on the fact they're always in the postseason) and you show it for all but the last pitch?

I don't think you hicks would tolerate this crap if they shut off your precious circle-driving five seconds before whichever redneck was about to cross the finish line.

Oh, and lastly, I live in the Northeast and I can tell you that, more likely than not, there were a HELL of a lot more people interested in watching the last inning of the Sox game than the first lap of the Subway Shitfest 500.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If they didn't show it on FX, I could see your beef. But they showed it, didn't they. Not really something to get worked up about.

Fucking NASCAR? I'll have to agree that that doesn't sound like family programming? How does that work? Do they jump in the bed in pit row? A fucking pitching? A fucking lap? Sounds like Showtime fare to me.

Oh, I see. Just another example of somebody who thinks showing off an f-bomb will improve their argument. Yeah, nice try. You almost had me on the third reference.

Redneck race? Obviously showing yourself to be a well-reasoned poster there. Solid post.

Yeah, only hicks watch NASCAR. You've got a very nice grasp of reality.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Outing alert:
    Picture of schiezainc at his computer

[​IMG]

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It was pretty stupid to cut away from a game that was two pitches from being over for the first few laps of a 312-lap race. Those first few laps don't mean dick, unless there's a wreck.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Uh, might I remind you that thread titles need to be safe for work.

That means no profanity.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Even if you don't agree with the tone, it was a monumentally stupid decision by Fox. Not for the ages, but still really stupid tonight none the less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.