1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wow. everyone's rolling on the 17-year-old

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Dec 4, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

grand jury says sean taylor was shot dead by the kid:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3140889

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course. 17-year-olds cannot face the DP (even theoretically).

He takes the big rap, everybody else pleads to lesser charges, everybody's out of jail in 6-8 years.

And Sean Taylor's still dead.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

that's what i figured. but won't they all get at least 25 years, regardless of who the trigger man was? ??? ??? ???

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Those 25 years are much more likely to stick on the actual trigger man, unless he's a "youthful offender" (even if tried as an adult), when the tendency will be to say, "ohhh he's been in jail 8-10 years, he's sorry, let him out."

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

even in such a high-profile case? ??? ??? ???

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I still don't believe the cops. Four guys show up to his house to "rob" him and when they're confronted he is shot to death? Nothing is taken, money, car, whatever? That is a gang hit....the cops went to the kids, said the shooter will face manslaughter and they turned.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is not an episode of CSI. Horatio Caine is not about to show up, take off his glasses and find a conspiracy.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Glad to see you cracked the case. Quick call Det. Lenny Briscoe!

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought this was a thread informing everybody that tebow's monstrous-breasted babe was a minor ... swew. oh god, the relief!

10. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Whatever happened to Florida's supposed get-tough-on-crime "10-25-life" law?

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Uh, Briscoe's dead.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Why is it that nobody wants to believe in random acts of violence?
    Nobody wants to believe in the randomness of anything. Always assigning karma or luck or something else when something goes good or bad.
    I just don't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted