1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, can't wait for college football on ESPN2!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 20, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sweet, season opener Thursday night at 7 p.m., Tulsa @ Louisiana Monroe!!

According to Scout.com, this is perhaps ULM's most important football game since joining DI-A! Apparently Bubby Brister and Stan Humphries have been making commercials touting the game to ULM fans.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram ranks ULM as sixth worst among DI-A teams. And Tulsa 71st. ESPN.com's got ULM 7th worst and Tulsa 86th.

Tune in for this exciting action Thursday night (gambling fans)!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Tulsa has a crazy spread offense that helped last year's coach land the Louisville job. Makes for good TV, not that it helps people on desks, though.

3. You guys joke,
    But as a (Pittsburgh) Pirates fan, I AM looking forward to Thursday night's kickoff.

4. WS

WS Member

ULM's got a spread offense too. It should be a high-scoring game.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Advice to be taken by billions!

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

If you get a matchup of two teams with non-losing records, that's an OK television game.

I'll flip over to it during the commercials of NBC's comedies.

7. TheSportsPredictor

0-0 does not count.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but didn't Gus Malzahn took the OC job in Tulsa after bolting Fayetteville??

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Every game counts man! The college football season is like a food chain. Tulsa and ULM are usually on a lot of BCS team's schedules so you gotta find out how much they suck to determine what a victory against Tulsa or ULM means.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'll save you the trouble. ULM sucks so bad they could pick up a quarter from the shag carpet in the next room.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I'm in no way a Tulsa fanboy but the Golden 'Cane have an interesting story to tell.

Todd Graham was Tulsa's defensive coordinator through 2005, and was named head coach at Rice a day or so after Tulsa's Independence Bowl win. He spent '06 at Rice, and when Steve JimThorpe went to Looavuhl, Graham bailed on the Owls and headed back to Tulsa. (And while apparently the Rice players weren't too sad to see him go, the Tulsa players were likely, "Oh, shit, I thought we were rid of this guy."

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I'd rather watch 100 games like this one than five seconds of Big Brother 8.

Draft saved Draft deleted