1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you rather date the blind or the deaf?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Jul 17, 2008.

1. No, it's just that once you're married you are apparently contractually obligated about hearing every single detail of your wife's day, her plans for tomorrow and why you're a miserable son of a bitch.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Everything comes back to Seinfeld, W-b. No wonder I'm still single.

Jerry: I had a very interesting lunch with George: Costanza today.
    Kramer: Really?
    Jerry: We were talking about our lives and we both kind of realized we're kids. We're not men.
    Kramer: So, then you asked yourselves, "Isn't there something more to life?"
    Jerry: Yes. We did.
    Kramer: Yeah, well, let me clue you in on something. There isn't.
    Jerry: There isn't?
    Kramer: Absolutely not. I mean, what are you thinking about, Jerry:? Marriage? Family?
    Jerry: Well...
    Kramer: They're prisons. Man made prisons. You're doing time. You get up in the morning. She's there. You go to sleep at night. She's there. It's like you gotta ask permission to use the bathroom. Is it all right if I use the bathroom now?
    Jerry: Really?
    Kramer: Yeah, and you can forget about watching TV while you're eating.
    Jerry: I can?
    Kramer: Oh, yeah. You know why? Because it's dinner time. And you know what you do at dinner?
    Jerry: What?
    Kramer: You talk about your day. How was your day today? Did you have a good day today or a bad day today? Well, what kind of day was it? Well, I don't know. How about you? How was your day?
    Jerry: Boy.
    Kramer: It's sad , Jerry. It's a sad state of affairs..
    Jerry: I'm glad we had this talk.
    Kramer: Oh, you have no idea.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

No, that happens before then, too. Thankfully, I've already gotten good at tuning things out.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Carlos Boozer told me it is easier to fuck over blind people....

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

That reminds me of one of my all-time favorite lines from a Bill Simmons column (although...
    A. I'm not currently a fan of his
    B. I actually think it was a reader email.)

It was something to the effect of "Gordon Gund was the luckiest guy at the NBA Draft Lottery. He didn't have to look at Jerry Krause's face."

6. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

I'd rather date a deaf person for the independence factor. And if I was already dating her, I'd rather she go deaf than blind. Though the communication would be a ridiculous PITA.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Dumb:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. I laughed so hard I hurt myself.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Fail.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted