1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you pay 99 cents to read Albom's graduation speech?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jul 20, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

For your Kindle, less than a buck to read the speech he gave at his nephew's commencement.

Somewhere, Peter King is pissed.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/arts/la-et-quick18-2008jul18,0,2813594.story

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I'd pay 99 cents to print it out, drop it on the ground and pee on it.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummmmm......

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/58783/

(like that one was getting by ME)

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"Thank you for the manuscript, I shall lose no time in reading it."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli's stock reply to authors who sent him unsolicited copies of their work

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Let's back up a second there and answer the lead in question: Would you pay $359 for a black and white e-book reader?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know, my first thought was, 'I can't believe slappy didn't get to this first.'

Then I argued with myself about whether this was actually a journalism topic, ie, bizarre ways to publish, and decided slappy would have a stroke if anyone called this journalism.

I am always thinking of my friends.

I would have liked to have been present when someone heard the speech and thought, 'Hmm, can we sell this? That whole 'Wear Sunscreen' deal got circulated around the globe to billions, for free. Free!! Even if you charged a buck, hell, charge 99 cents, you'd make a fortune! Give it to charity, we don't the money!'

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was he even there?

Draft saved Draft deleted