1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would You Like Some Wingnut With Your Kidneys?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 16, 2007.

1. http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/05/navy_conversion_070513w/

I think it's time to rip cult Christianity out of the military, root and branch.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sell that to the Air Force, pal...

Wait...

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No kidding. Ask non-Evangie/Fundy athletes playing football or basketball at the Academy about their experience.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, when better to sell jebus than at the hospital? fuckers.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is one area in which I am really out of touch, I think, because of where I live. Is my country REALLY this scary?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Captive audience

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

many questioning their own mortality.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have. A Catholic basketball player from my area committed to AFA, got wind of what it was like, and bailed.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not saying it doesn't happen, because it does, but I'd be very cautious about Fenian's suggestion that we rip Christianity out of the military. Do that and you might as well pull out all forms of religious representation for every faith.

And as someone who wore the uniform for nearly a decade, there were times when it was comforting to know there was at least that measure of "support."

Still, the VA (the hospital in question isn't connected to the military...it's the Veterans Administration, for those who don't know) needs to do a better job of preventing issues like this.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm with you on this, Ragu. This is down right fucked up.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Memo from the rural heartland to you city folk: You're damn right our country is this scary. I live with these wackjobs.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe he said "cult" Christianity.

It's one thing to be a Christian. It's quite another to try to enforce your beliefs on everyone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted