1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you like fries with your outsourcing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tried that at a Taco Bell once.

Once.

Drive-thru gets priority and in-store customers are bumped to the end of the line.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I so don't want fries with that

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I gotta agree with Headbutt here. I've always found it much quicker to go into the restaurant. But it's between 10 pm and 2 am most of the time I go to Wendy's (the only fast food place I frequent), so the only choice I have is the drive thru.

4. lono

lono Active Member

They fuck you at the drive-thru. Haven't you heard?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=27811368

5. KG

KG Active Member

You have to pay a certain amount for each employee on your workers comp insurance.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That was brilliant.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's generally the route I go. Who can't stand to walk a little bit more?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Drive through is mostly luck of the draw. Unless the manager is absolutely forcing them to ask cars to pull forward and wait, no drive-thru flunkie will ever do it. So if you go through the drive through, you are the mercy of the combined order times of every person in front of you. And if one of those people has seven kids in the car who all want individually-specialized Happy Meals, you are going to be waiting.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Darn you and your facts. ;)

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or you just get stuck with raving lunatics in front of you.
    Several years ago, I went to St. Louis on vacation. After going to a Cardinals game, I'd been around the city all day and just wanted to grab something quick and eat it in the hotel room. So I stopped at a Burger King, and ended up behind this black guy with about six kids crawling around in a pickup truck.
    The guy was trying to order for all of his kids, and having the usual tough time you'd expect. One kid wanted a kid's meal with no pickles on the burger. Another wanted a fish sandwich ... no, wait, a hamburger ... no, make it a Whopper. After about 10 minutes of this, the woman on the speaker tells him they're out of something or other, and the guy just loses it. He starts cursing at her, then pulls up to the pay window and shuts off his truck.
    He continues to rant and rave about how all of the Burger King workers are racist because they "won't serve a black man." I had been getting pissed because the guy was taking so long, but at this point I become both scared and nervous. This dude seemed ready to snap. Finally, about 30 minutes after this whole ordeal started, the cops show up and get the guy to pull out of the drive-thru lane so they can sort it out. Six or seven cars had stacked up behind him, probably wondering what in the hell was happening. I had the front row seat, and was mad when it ended. I was waiting for the guy to take a poke at one of the cops and get his ass handed to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted