1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you let someone wrap your car/truck/SUV with an ad?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Would you do it for $500/month?

1. Hell yes -- show me the money!

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No way!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only for a little bit more money

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I mean you would look stupid driving around, but we're talking serious money here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/27/business/media/27wrap.html?ref=business

But beware of the rules!
    This is the best part:
    Here's one company you can sign up with: http://drivers.freecarmedia.com/

2. lono

lono Active Member

Me? I wouldn't do it. But I wouldn't have a problem with other folks doing it.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've seen a few people driving on the freeways out here in SoCal with small strip ads in the back and side windows. There's always an "Ask me how" number or URL listed if you want to sign up yourself. Can't say I haven't been tempted ...

4. Never. It would make me sick just to see it. For that matter, I liked the look of Jeff Burton's car at Bristol.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Sign me up!

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

$500 a month to do nothing? Can't say it's not tempting. Wait, I don't have a car. Does my ass count? It's car-sized!

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No thanks. I like my car as a plain black wrapper. I no more want to draw attention than a hermit.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Swear to god, I was talking about this with the bf last month. I thought I had read before that the full SUV looking things that are just a big ad were free to the people driving them, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, I'm completely putting my name on that list. $500 to drive around? And I park in the street..extra money?

Edit: They either wrap your car or give you a free one. You pay gas, but they pay upkeep and repairs.

9. KG

KG Active Member

Sign me up! For an extra $500 a month I'll even do it with a smile on my face.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Serious question: Since we use our cars for our jobs, would this have ethical implications for writers?

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I signed up...we'll see what happens.

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

When compared with using your body/child for ad space, this is eons better. Though maybe not if you get the Playboy wrap, as shown in that gallery.

Draft saved Draft deleted