1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you let Google control your life?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, May 23, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/c3e49548-088e-11dc-b11e-000b5df10621.html

Google’s ambition to maximise the personal information it holds on users is so great that the search engine envisages a day when it can tell people what jobs to take and how they might spend their days off.

Eric Schmidt, Google’s chief executive, said gathering more personal data was a key way for Google to expand and the company believes that is the logical extension of its stated mission to organise the world’s information.

Asked how Google might look in five years’ time, Mr Schmidt said: “We are very early in the total information we have within Google. The algorithms will get better and we will get better at personalisation.

“The goal is to enable Google users to be able to ask the question such as ‘What shall I do tomorrow?’ and ‘What job shall I take?’ ”

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I guess it appears that A-Rod's life coach was actually Google.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

All of you should check google smart ass. Quite hilarious. It was on the ABC News webcast yesterday and I tried it out. Too funny ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted