1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you have kept it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportswriter not a junky, Dec 7, 2006.

1. I just got home from Wendy's drive-thru. Paid $10 for a $7.93 meal. Got $12.07 in change.

Now, I know the girl working the register shouldn't lose money off her not-very-lucrative paycheck. The losers will be a major corporation who sees millions as pocket change. Sure, there's always a chance of the small time manager fixing her paycheck to account for her gaffe. But, ultimately, it's money that shouldn't be mine, because I didn't earn it.

I thought about that for a split second. I wound up returning the $10 bill I got with my change. Would you have?

Apparently, the girl thought I gave her a $20 bill. She sheepishly said thanks for the honesty.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

And then felt bad for spitting in your burger.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Fixed.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Yeah. Give it back. Honesty isn't hard, but dishonesty is.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

If I noticed it right then I would have given it back, but I probably wouldn't have gone back if I had noticed it at home. But I'm very lazy so it's difficult to judge if I'm dishonest or just slothful.

6. They did take a good while to get me my food.....

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'd check the mayo.....

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I've pointed out errors in my favor on restaurant checks. But a couple months ago I realized when I got to the car that I forgot to scan the clothing detergent at the grocery store but didn't do anything about it because it would be too much of a hassle. Hey, it was raining.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My mom returned some money to Subway when they were incorrect and they were screaming about how there aren't any honest people left and it's so refreshing to see honest people in this world. My mom was flattered.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was wholly unnecessary, you sick bastard.

Now the bigger question is who was the burger jockey?

[​IMG]

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That wasn't mayo, Charlie Brown.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I would never eat at a Wendy's.

But when a clerk gives me back too much change, I always correct him or her. It's a karma thing for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted