1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you eat this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I've seen worse.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there's anything you could put over broccoli that would get me to eat it.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Hmm .... Heidi Klum? /crossing threads

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'd have to think about that one. It's still broccoli, after all.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've eaten worse.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Of course you have.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You wanna fight?

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Yes, have one. Usually use it for homemade pizzas or even frozen pizzas. Veggies on it?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I didn't realize so many people hate broccoli. I eat it probably 4 or 5 days a week. No cheetos, sorry. I have seen people drown broccoli in Velveeta, but never that.

I understand if you can't stand the taste of broccoli, but it still is one of the most perfect foods there is. First, there is as much calcium in a cup of broccoli as there is in a glass of milk. This surprised the hell out of me, but for anyone who is vegan, it is a great food. It is also very high in vitamin C. A great source of fiber, which is good for your heart. And it contains several nutrients that have potent anti-cancer properties -- as long as you don't boil the living heck out of it: steam it, microwave it or eat it raw.

Obviously, I am looking at it from its health benefits... The Cheetos sort of negate that.

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

That is my dinner 4-5 times a week, down to every detail except substitute spices for salt. The more broccoli the better.
    I'd rather eat live worms than Cheetos, though.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Broccoli is good stuff. So are Cheetos. But together? The thought of that gives me shivers. Ditto for worms. :D

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I often include fresh (or dried) thyme. Kicks it up a notch as they say.

I can' comment on Cheetos on broccoli because I come from a country that invented poutine.

Draft saved Draft deleted