1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you cross a picket line?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Frank_Ridgeway, Jul 6, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

frank, i did not divulge the ungentlemanly language of our pm's. simply came clean on what spurred the subject of your thread and offered the circumstances of my very real and painful personal situation to give further insights into the realities of "picket-line crossing."

thought it might help people deal with this hypothetical when the real world isn't always as black-and-white as we'd like. what, are you afraid others here might not think of me as a scab if they know the whole story?

2. I don't know how anyone can blame you here, Shockey. Your first decision was based on your family's well-being and the second was based on principle. If people can't forgive your initial move, even after you recognized what you consider a mistake, then fuck 'em.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Shockey, if you remember correctly or have saved your PMs from March, you know that the entire subject came about after you were sharply critical here of my defense of a writer you had criticized. And I told you at the time, hey, I defended you, too. And I kept that between us even though you chose to hurl some insults at me on various threads since. I suppose I should expect no integrity from you.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

frank, can't you just keep to your own thread subject? keep your eye on the prize, man.

as for my "integrity," why don't we just end this once and for all? let's poll SportsJournalists.com on ridgeway vs. shockey. you win, i never, ever post here again. i'll just go away.

i win, you do the same. just disappear. sound fair?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

6. Frank_Ridgeway

You are what, 14?

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

First, I agree with Joe Williams that this is probably a very hypothetical topic given the climate in the business today.

Second, I can only answer indirectly. Mr. Tart is the sportswriter in the family, and the reason I know of this site. I lurked for some time before he pushed me into the deep end.

I hope he wouldn't cross. And I don't believe he would. But if he did feel he had to because of me and the kids, we'd end up losing money from the meals I'd be making for colleagues' families. If they'd accept them...

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i know you are but what am i?

c'mon, i double-dare ya.

i'm just tired of your b.s. can we at least agree to totally ignore each other?

9. Frank_Ridgeway

That'd be good. But if you rip into people who don't deserve it, I'll offer the other side.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

gotta love a man who'll defend the meek. ::) ::) ::)

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Waterguns at 20 paces. Dawn. Behind Mrs. Jones' classroom. Be there.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

My mom says I have to go to bed now.

Draft saved Draft deleted