1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you buy this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by the_rookie, Jul 7, 2006.

?

Would you buy this pen?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2006.
  1. No. Is this a joke?

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe it'll make me write faster.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Are you sure that's a pen?

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Those are some well-groomed nails.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. the_rookie

the_rookie Member

[​IMG]

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Saw the story on this pen on one of the cable news outlets, and the thing that keeps popping in my brain is how uncomfortable I would be for the first three months while my hand grew accustomed to writing ergonomically.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I washoping this was going to be about the SuperBat.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

if i could try it out in a store beforehand and it felt OK, i'd buy it. my hands and wrists are always sore from typing and writing. nothing serious like carpal tunnel but i'd love something to take the strain off. for some reason i grip pens way too tightly.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'm getting angrier by the second just looking at that god damned thing. :mad: I'd better punch something.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Me too. And every teacher in school would always try to get me to hold it the right way and I'd always go back to my way.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here. Taught myself how to write -- everybody said "you can't write that way" -- and I ended up becoming a writer for a living. O, The Irony. Fucking eh.

8. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

i write grip-it-and-rip-it as well, and I ain't changing for nobody! Those are nice nails though.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

My mom and I saw my second grade teacher during a visit home recently. I used to always get a "satisfactory" in handwriting when everyone else got "outstanding" and I mentioned to my teacher (who was always very supportive in everything else) that my handwriting was still messy. My mom says "Look at it this way: You couldn't write as fast as you were thinking."

Made me feel pretty damn good.  :)

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Um, who uses pens nowadays? They're called blogs on a computer for a reason folks! :)

OK, seriously, I guess I spend too much time on a keyboard than using a pen or a pencil.

I bet one day there will be kids who will never know what these funky devices are:
    [​IMG]

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

No self respecting southpaw would even know how to grip that thing.  Back in school, I would've turned it into a slingshot.

Draft saved Draft deleted