1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you beat your wife's (would-be) rapist to death?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No it's not. The rapist has to marry her (and can't divorce her), but only if she wants.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If this guy spends one minute inside a jail cell, I'd be stunned.
    That said, I wouldn't do the tire iron.
    Nope.
    We live in a very rural setting. I have lots of family out here who has sections upon sections upon sections of farmland.
    If I would have caught him messing with any member of my family....I would have given him one phone call to say goodbye to one person in his family that he wanted to.....because they will have never found his fucking body.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Only if the father wants.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Both, and it's talking about a preteen.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

To answer the question: Of course. With my bare hands.
    Would I feel any remorse? Not one second. You mess with my wife or my daughters, you better kill me because I certainly will kill you without hesitation.

6. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

This shouldn't even be a question. If you answer no, you're not a man. I love my wife with all of my heart and her safety is job No. 1 for me as a man.

If this did happen, I'd personally would channel my inner Bezerker rage given to me by my Viking ancestors and take care of business with bare hands or a tire iron, if nearby, as this man did.

If he was in the South, no jury would convict him of anything.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is one time when it's better to have a gun.

Not because it's better protection, but because you are much less likely to get charged with shooting a would-be rapist to death than killing him with a tire iron or your bare hands.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Husband's name is Diallo. Apparently a difficult name with which to get justice in New York. Or are you all too young to remember?

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yep. I'd be way too emotional to notice the line between justifiable force and criminal behavior (hope jury feels the same way here).

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Finds no problem with this:

[​IMG]

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife has about eleventy thousand knitting needles around the house. Would-be rapist is asking for an eye gouging at our home.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not just the last name ... Mamadou was close enough to Amadou that I did a double take.

Draft saved Draft deleted