1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst weekly article ever?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Game of Shadoes Stevens, May 19, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Perhaps Morganna could come out of retirement and slap him silly with her "hooters flapping in all directions."

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Unfortunately, she had to retire after botched Tommy John surgery damaged her shoulder.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hooters. flapping. in. all. directions.

4. benspicks

benspicks New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Ben and I wrote the column in question. I have to say you people are awfully full of yourselves. First of all, this is a column not a report on a softball game and it was meant to be funny. The players are friends of mine and I have received nothing but compliments from them.
    As for my lowbrow, maybe you pompous peons should lighten up a little bit. What I wrote is not much different than anything you would hear on primetime TV. It's a joke you morons.
    To the idiots who think they can hit better than 56% picking NFL games, I have one thing to say, Put Up Your Money!

Don't you people have anything better to do?
    Ben

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Post of the Year candidate.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Consider us chastened.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wow, do those picks come with a picture of a really big lock?

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Your Belmont picks were outstanding.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outing Alert: Ben is this guy...

[​IMG]

Psst... Hey Ben. Come here... yeah, you. Closer. You want to join out SportsJournalists.com NFL Pick'em league in the fall, you're invited. We'd all be happy to stack up against your 56 percent.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

"... it was meant to be funny."

Well, there's the first problem I see. Aiming for "primetime TV" quality is the second.

Cordially,
    Pompous Pseudonymous

P.S.: Beer me, newb. Flying Bison.

11. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

There was some guy at a local paper wrote a column almost as bad explaining why you need to have a "hottie" on your co-ed softball team. She didn't need skills on the diamond just looks, you know, so you could look at her.

"She has to be gorgeous too, though, right? This is almost essential. Especially if she only gets on base one out of every 10 at-bats."

I thought that was bad. But wow. HFIAD? Damn.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I was hoping for a new column, but that post will suffice.

Draft saved Draft deleted