1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst ump in MLB?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackyJackBN, Apr 18, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Bucknor is bad, but nobody compares to Joe Brinkman.

Brinkman has a vendetta against certain clubs.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Gary Darling has been pretty vicious to the Braves over the last 10 years. I think he's responsible for about a dozen of Bobby Cox's ejections.

3. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

That's between Flipper and Buck and no one else!

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Hunter is Harry's son.

Poor Bobby Cox. I see Braves games sometimes and he's sitting there, swearing and sweating because he just <b><i>never</b></i> gets a close pitch call.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You're right. Wonderful guy. Mediocre umpire.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And he LOOOOVED Pete Rose.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Worse than mediocre.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The best part about the Pine Tar Game is George Brett laughing at those who thought he was going to hit McClelland during his rageful dash out of the dugout. The line was something like "Are you kidding me? I'd be suspended for a year and he'd kill me. He's 6-foot-8!"

As for worst, Alfonso Marquez seems to throw someone out every time he shows up. He's terrible.

Making up with Roberto Alomar and having a tragic family history has spared John Hirschbeck a lot of criticism...especially if you believe his use of a derogatory term for homosexuals inspired the spit seen 'round the world.

9. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Doug Eddings just struck again in San Diego...

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Bucknor was behind the plate earlier this month for a Detroit-KC game. It was about 30 degrees, and KC won. At night's end, I appreciated his unusual strike zone.

Draft saved Draft deleted