1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst ump in MLB?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackyJackBN, Apr 18, 2007.

1. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Attitude - Doug Eddings.

Remember watching the Braves and Fish about two years ago and Johnny Estrada was behind the plate for Atlanta. Rain delayed game and it was around 11:00 PM or so and the stadium was near empty in south Florida (shocker, I know).

Estrada - who is pretty mild-mannered it seems - caught a pitch and thought it was a called strike three to end the inning and got up to go to the dugout......seeing as it wasnt strike three, he returned and got back into his crouch.

Eddings then went ape-shit on him - you could hear the shouting on the field mics (couldnt make out what was said) and Eddings said something and Estrada went ape shit, bumped Eddings and got on him...Bobby Cox got tossed and then Mike Hampton who was on the DL (another shocker) got tossed from the dugout between innings.

Estrada never said specifically what was said, but said Eddings used a racial slur, which set Estrada off.

MLB didnt punish Eddings for his actions (Another shocker..)

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You forgot to say "another shocker" for Bobby Cox's ejection. ;D

He's up to 125 now, six away from John McGraw's all-time record.

3. Angel Hernandez, by far.

The ultimate little man.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Does baseball ever punish umps, say a fine, without announcing the action? I was covering a PGA event when one player said, on a par three, while the other's ball was in flight, "Get up!" When the ball dropped in the trap, the guy went bonkers: 'Don't you ever talk to my ball, you limey bastard! Etc., etc.' The PGA never said a word about it, but the guy with the mouth was off the tour for a month.

So I'm wondering...

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Chef, Hunter Wendelstadt's the nephew of Harry. But you're right, he's bad. Not the worst, but bad.

Doug Eddings is just one step behind Bucknor and Hernandez.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

My bad FH......I thought Hunter and Harry were father and son.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

buckdub, you might have a small penis, but you sure as shit know your baseball.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't think Hernandez is in Bucknor's zip code.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Roy Hobbs has his "best there ever was, best there ever will be." I have this. Thanks, Jonesy. :D

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

"Buck's got a huge d*ck, I've seen it"

http://www.veotag.com/player/?tid=a334e3be-8fcf-4f54-8eb6-d77d1c4ef63c&pid=37abb38b-c2e9-4204-aef3-ab154c01470e

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

We all have our little secrets. Mine may be the littlest. ::)

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've been told by someone that Hunter actually is Harry's son. The credentials he claims to have would certainly mean he'd be in the know. Perhaps I was wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted