1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst throwback jerseys?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Don't know if you can consider these throwbacks, but ...

[​IMG]

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's a hell of a thread, but Shuler wore No. 21 for the evil empire.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine used to have a #14 Irabu. I don't know if he still has it, but it belongs on this thread. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't get any strange looks around Charlotte wearing a Kerry Collins jersey, at least when I'm not there.

I guess the sporting goods offered a case of Kerry's favorite to any sucker who bought one of those. Personally, I'd offer them an alternative (not to be confused with those heinous alternate jerseys) if they would immediately burn them.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I also have a Memphis Maniax XFL jersey.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You're not my type, but here you go:

[​IMG]

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

When I get my vision back, I'll let you know how ugly those jerseys are.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

More anti-classics: Stabler Saints, Earl Campbell Saints, Emmitt Smith Cardinals.

Not sure if this thread about bad fashion or bad player tenures with the team in question. If we're talking bad fashion:

baseball- Indians scarlet jersey, any dogshit-colored Padres jersey, White Sox jammies, Phils burgundy jerseys, O's orange jerseys.

football- Rams, Eagles yellow jerseys. Can't think of much else. The shittiest unfiorms in NFL history, generally speaking, are the arena-league abominations worn by about 1/3 of the teams right now.

hockey - Aqua seals jerseys, damn near all the late 90s 3rd jerseys (hello King Vitamin of LA and Winnie the Chowdahead!)

hoops - just about all ABA except for Spurs.

9. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

A Franco Harris Seattle Seahawks jersey, anyone? Either that or the Greg Landry Chicago Blitz jersey I once owned.

I'm holding out for a Chino or Folsom throwback with either Clemens or Bonds' name on it.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

What about those powder blue and yellow Eagles throwback jerseys earlier this year?

11. chester

chester Member

I remember the one time Notre Dame dressed in basketball uniforms which looked to be that color for a home game against Syracuse. I think it was 1991, when Billy Owens was still at the 'Cuse.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I saw a guy wearing a Jim Kelly jersey of the USFL's New Jersey Generals. Kelly went to N.J. when the Houston Gamblers merged with them, but the league folded before Kelly could suit up for N.J.

Draft saved Draft deleted