1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst throwback jerseys?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

From "the one that got away" department: Cam Neely Canucks jersey or a Lou Brock Cubs jersey.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or a Ron Francis/ Brian Leetch Leafs Jersey.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

Not real good.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Looks like you'll have another chance to buy one.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In my closet, there actually is a New Orleans VooDoo jersey (Arena Football League) of some guy named Fitzgerald. Apparently he played quarterback for a season or two. I was in the mall down there while on vacation, saw it on sale for $10 and couldn't resist.
    As long as it's not a cheap bootleg, I'd probably buy a Tony Mandarich Colts (or Packers; what the hell) jersey for $10.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Jesus, and she still married you?

And vonnegut: Alan Henderson? That's just wrong. So wrong.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I got a blue Steve Beuerlein Panthers jersey, made a few years before the Panthers wore blue as a third on the field. Hey, I always liked the Panthers jersey and colors and it was at Marshall's in my size for $15.

Almost (almost!) bought an L.A. Extreme XFL jersey because JCPenney was selling them after the league's only year.

A former co-worker of mine went to an auction once and got a Starvin' Marvin Freeman Braves jersey, mainly because his last name was also Freeman. He also got a Padres jersey of the bullpen catcher.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Here's a throwback that never was:

[​IMG]

According to nhluniforms.com:

On January 27, 1996, the NHL rolled out its Third Jersey program. Five teams -- the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, Boston Bruins, Los Angeles Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins and Vancouver Canucks -- took to the ice that night wearing distinctively-designed jerseys.

As you can see from the image to the left, we can all be glad the St. Louis Blues were not among those introducing third jerseys that season. The jerseys were ready to go, until coach Mike Keenan refused to have his team dress in these monstrosities.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I still have a Randall Cunningham Eagles' jersey from the early 90s as well as a Mark Rypien jersey. I can fit into both, if I want to go for the old time college jersey look.

[​IMG]

Edit for correction.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Was that the season the Kings one featured the huge playing card on the front? The Blues one isn't so bad when compared to that.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My birfday gift, should I find someone on Earth who loves me: a Bucky Dent Yankees jersey.

Or an Orlando Thunder one.

Draft saved Draft deleted